H-1B visa is a temporary work visa is for foreign who is holding a minimum of Bachelor Degree, it could be either a U.S. degree or its foreign equivalent.

Applicant(s) with U.S.

The position offered must related to the applicant's major studied, he or she can choose either change their non-immigrant status here in U.S. or get the visa to be issued in a U.S. embassy or consulate overseas.

There is a maximum 6 years limit for a person to stay in U.S with H / L status; he or she must leave U.S. for one year before he/she can attain such status. Typically, applicant can request a maximum of 3 years and renew before expiration.

Currently, there is an annual "cap" of 55,000 limit on H-1B visa, therefore we urge qualify applicant(s) should contact us immediately in order to avoid running out of immigration status.

H-1B quota does not apply for an institution of higher education or a related or affiliated nonprofit entity, or at a nonprofit research organization or a governmental research

There are some new developments on H-1B applications:

For those applying for the initial H-1B or transferring H-1B from one employer to another, will require to pay a new Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee of $500. There is no exemption of this fee except you file an amendment or extension of H-1B with the SAME employer.

For employer has 25 or more full time employees, for each H-1B application you must add $1500.00 fee H-1B application. If employer has 24 or less employees, you will need to pay $750.00 with the application.

The USCIS announced that the first 20,000 H-1B beneficairies who earned their Master Degree or higher in U.S. will not be counted against the annual 65,000 quota. After those 20,000 slots are filled, U.S.C.I.S. will count those remaining case against the annual cap.


The L-1 category applies to aliens who work for a company with a parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate in the U.S. These workers come to the U.S. as intracompany transferees who are coming temporarily to perform services either in a managerial or executive capacity (L-1A) or which entail specialized knowledge (L-1B) for a parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate of the same employer that employed the professional abroad. 

The employee must have been employed abroad for the corporation, firm, or other legal entity (or an affiliate or subsidiary thereof) on a full-time basis for at least one continuous year out of the last three-year period to qualify. Compensation level is not prescribed, but U.S. income must be sufficient to prevent the alien from becoming a public charge. 

Dependents (i.e. spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age) of L-1 workers are entitled to L-2 status with the same restrictions as the principal. Dependents may be students in the U.S. while remaining in L-2 status, however, dependents may not be employed under the L-2 classification.